#1 Jim Henson

Jim Henson

Vendor (ScopeStuff)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Central Texas

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hello All,

We've had a few customers call in the last few weeks saying they couldn't get to our web site. We discovered that they could use the numeric URL to get to us, but not by domain name at scopestuff.com, .org, .net, etc. I believe the problem is with customers around Illinois with AT&T in their internet route.

That points to a DNS problem, but apparently at the ISP and not at the customers end. One possibility is that the virus or trojan that hijacked DNS servers caused problems that still haven't been fixed somewhere in "the internet", and the problems surfaced when the government turned off their fix. It appears that other web servers are having this problem too.

Our web server doesn't normally allow the numeric URL to be used, and doesn't return pings, as those are both methods that the bad guys use to hammer on our servers. We temporarily have the numeric URL allowed, but I can't post those numbers here as it may enable the bad guys.

So, if anybody can't get scopestuff.com to work, please email jim(at)scopestuff(dot)com or call 51(two)-2(five)9-9778 and hopefully we can get you access as well as gather information to address the problem.

And ignore rumors that we are closed, dead, asleep, etc. We don't expect to ever close, die, or sleep!

As always, thanks for your great support.
Jim

#2 rdandrea

rdandrea

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Colorado, USA DM59ra

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks, Jim.

#3 dw310

dw310

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

And ignore rumors that we are closed, dead, asleep, etc. We don't expect to ever close, die, or sleep!

As always, thanks for your great support.
Jim

:funny: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah, I trouble 2 nights ago, but by late that evening all was good! Persistance works! :cool:

#4 mogur

mogur

Apollo

• Loc: WI

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

I just ordered an item from them and have got a confiring e-mail that my order has shipped. They are alive and well!

#5 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Surveyor 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: 16 miles south of the Buckfield Mall

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Jim
I'm not a huge customer of your company; small items mostly and have never had a problem with any order as a matter of fact I have placed 2 orders in the last 2 weeks and both arrived within 2 and 3 days of ordering not bad at all considering Texas to Maine is quite a haul.
I thank you and would recommend ScopeStuff as a first class supplier. :bow:
BE Well
Grey

#6 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

I just ordered an item from them and have got a confiring e-mail that my order has shipped. They are alive and well!

Jim is so fast, I usually get the confirming email AFTER I get the item. :waytogo:

Cheers,

Ron

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics