Orion StarShoot Color Imager II software/drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JackR

JackR

Vostok 1

• Loc: Surprise, Arizona

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

I tried this on the Equipment Forum without any luck. Thought I'd try it here.

Several years ago I purchased an Orion StarShoot Deep Space Color Imager II (Orion Product # 52080). I've been running it with the MaxDL software that came with it on an old laptop using Windows XP. Due to issues with that computer I replace it with a new laptop which runs Windows 7.

Problem...the old software and drives for the Imager II do not seem to be compatable with Windows 7.

Does anyone know if there is anything out there that will manage this equipment under Windows 7? I would think that I'm not the only one that has encountered this dilemma.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Jack

#2 WillCarney

WillCarney

Apollo

• Loc: Bloomington, ILL

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

I don't think they had drivers for 64bit on the Imager II. I believe that Win7 is 64bit. It will have to be run by 32bit software and drivers.

William

#3 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: SLC, UT

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

you can try nebulosity, I had someone gift me two DSI cameras and had a lot of problems getting them to work with Vista, upgraded to windows 7 and installed nebulosity and it seems to work, have not had it outside tested yet but inside testing seems to work great, also am told is a really good finishing program as well

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics