STARSTRUCTURE TELESCOPES

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 GeneT

GeneT

Ely Kid

• Loc: South Texas

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

I am glad to see that Starstructure is innovating, offering change and not resting on its laurels--like some Dob manufacturers.

#27 UmaDog

UmaDog

Vanguard

• Loc: Basel, Switzerland

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

Looks like a winner to me!

#28 NHRob

NHRob

Aurora

• Loc: New Hampshire

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Mike -
Do you do free samples ??
:jump:

#29 turtle86

turtle86

Pooh-Bah Everywhere Else

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

I am glad to see that Starstructure is innovating, offering change and not resting on its laurels--like some Dob manufacturers.

+1

#30 johnnyha

johnnyha

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Congrats Michael - the more I look at this scope the better it gets! Wow! LOTS of advantages to this design... good luck!

#31 Mike Harvey

Mike Harvey

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Orlando, FL.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'd just like to embarrass Mike Z. a bit with a "testimonial" to his (1) commitment to SS owners, (2) continuing desire and efforts to improve his (already 'best on the market') designs and almost uncanny vision as to what might be possible with telescope design.

Mike just recently "upgraded" my seven year old 28" SS with the new transport system and adjustable (for imaging) UTA...gave it a fresh paint job and made it "like new" again. He didn't have to do that. But he WANTS his 'works of art' (my phrase, not his) to all be at their best.

Ordering a 28" SS "Horizon" was a no-brainer for me. I have no doubt it will, once again, raise the bar for large-scope quality.

Mike Harvey

#32 FrankG

FrankG

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Richmond, Va.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

I'd just like to embarrass Mike Z. a bit with a "testimonial" to his (1) commitment to SS owners, (2) continuing desire and efforts to improve his (already 'best on the market') designs and almost uncanny vision as to what might be possible with telescope design.

Mike just recently "upgraded" my seven year old 28" SS with the new transport system and adjustable (for imaging) UTA...gave it a fresh paint job and made it "like new" again. He didn't have to do that. But he WANTS his 'works of art' (my phrase, not his) to all be at their best.

Ordering a 28" SS "Horizon" was a no-brainer for me. I have no doubt it will, once again, raise the bar for large-scope quality.

Mike Harvey

Mike, fresh paint? Nothing like that new telescope smell!

#33 JMW

JMW

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

The prototype looks cool. I am looking for a 16" dob solution that is easy to deal with. I am thinking some handles for picking it up and loading it into the car would be nice. Hope to see more details on web site soon.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics