Avalon mount Align question (EQ6 HC, so anyone?)
Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:48 AM
so I had a first opportunity to test the mount last night but I failed to do any imaging ...
The issue is the alignment fails, it slews to the complete different location.
Here is what I do:
- position RA and dec on the index markers (telescope points to scp)
- power up mount
- give location: 4 E 51 N (I live in Belgium)
- date in: mm/dd/yyyy so I enter 08/10/2012
- timezone +1
- Time in 24H format 22H
- daylightsavings yes
Then I do 1 star alignment on Caph, instead of slewing to the east it goes west ...
- set S instead of N, W instead of E
- manual, so release clutches and position telescope on Caph and align, but all goto's are off ...
- if I take dubhe same issue ...
I tried something just now and maybe it's a solution but need to wait till tonight,
instead of putting 22:00H I did put 10:00H now it seems to slew to caph (cannot confirm as it is day light), align, and slew to dubhe ...
it goes to the wright part of the sky, but need to confirm tonight.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
The controller is the same as on the EQ6 so I hope someone says aha I know what that is ...
Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:34 AM
Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:23 AM
Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:22 AM
EDIT: What version did you get? The linear or the M-uno?
Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:25 AM
Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:57 PM
Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:31 PM
Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:05 PM
Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:20 PM