Piero

#327 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Warsaw, Poland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Hey Anat

I installed kernel and iAstroHub again and for now it seems to be working. Thank you for help!!! I need to do some tests and some clear sky.

Regards,
Mikele

#328 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hi Anat!

iAstro Hub works like a charm, thank you but I have another stupid question about mounting/unmounting USB drive feature... This means that all taken pictures can be saved to the pendrive directly?

Regards,
Mikele

#329 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

Previewed images from DSLR are saved to the drive. The original images are still in the camera. It is the benefit for qhy8l and qhy9 users since all images are saved to the usb drive.

Anat

#330 smartc

smartc

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Anat,

Would you mind sharing which linux image you used as the starting point for your MK808 build? I've downloaded your image file and successfully flashed the device, but wanted to start from a fresh install. (I'd like to do away with the Access Point feature, for one, in order to connect to my wifi network instead.)

I've tried a few different images, but can't seem to find one that will boot from the kernel-0.3.img file. I get as far as an initramfs prompt and can't get past that. Seems like there are quite a few old links and a lot of out dated information out there. Finding a combination of fresh linux image and kernel file that work together seems to be a challenge. Maybe if I can find the same image you started with I will have more luck.

Thanks,
Corey

#331 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hi Anat!

Ah ok, in this case it seems to be really important :) I'm thinking about QHLY8 - I will buy it some day ;)
Thanks for the answer.

And now something completly different... I have a skywatcher motofocuser and there is a USB focus controller from http://www.store.sho...roducts_fc.htm. It has ASCOM driver for linux and it an control that SW focuser - do you think there is a chance to add some kind of control from iAstroHub in the future?

Regards,
Mikele

#332 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Anat,

Would you mind sharing which linux image you used as the starting point for your MK808 build? I've downloaded your image file and successfully flashed the device, but wanted to start from a fresh install. (I'd like to do away with the Access Point feature, for one, in order to connect to my wifi network instead.)

I've tried a few different images, but can't seem to find one that will boot from the kernel-0.3.img file. I get as far as an initramfs prompt and can't get past that. Seems like there are quite a few old links and a lot of out dated information out there. Finding a combination of fresh linux image and kernel file that work together seems to be a challenge. Maybe if I can find the same image you started with I will have more luck.

Thanks,
Corey

Hi Corey,

If you want the fresh install, please follow the step in
http://www.slatedroi...or-mk802-iii...
under the section:
2. Rootfs Installation

But if you simply want to remove some packages for example the access point mode, you can use this command:
sudo apt-get remove hostapd dnsmasq
and edit /etc/rc.local by removing all commands related to eth0.

Best regards,
Anat

#333 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hi Anat!

Ah ok, in this case it seems to be really important :) I'm thinking about QHLY8 - I will buy it some day ;)
Thanks for the answer.

And now something completly different... I have a skywatcher motofocuser and there is a USB focus controller from http://www.store.sho...roducts_fc.htm. It has ASCOM driver for linux and it an control that SW focuser - do you think there is a chance to add some kind of control from iAstroHub in the future?

Regards,
Mikele

Hi Mikele,

According to this website
http://indilib.org/d...nomy-fcusb.html
http://www.cloudmakers.eu/indi

It seems that the FCUSB INDI linux driver is close source. There is only the binary library for other platforms. Since there are a lot of focusers, I may need to use INDI to communicate with a focuser. I will look into it. It is the area I am not familiar with :)

Anat

#334 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

Sounds good to me :). I think that controlling focusers is the only thing I need to have in iAstroHub... mmm... what about preparing some drinks and dishes by iAstroHub during astrophoto session? ;)

Kind regards,
Mikele

#335 tango13

tango13

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Rome, Italy

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

Hi Mikele,

I know this is something very specific to my setup, but if i understand correctly the FCUSB seems to drive a DC focus motor like mine.

I have already implemented in iAH the focuser section by using an arduino board which in turn drives an L298N dual full bridge.
Very simple and straightforward, no indi, no ascom, no heavy libraries.
This way i can control my DC motor from iAH and i also have a spare 12V PWM output which i can use for controlling the dew heater band. ;)

It's still in a "beta" stage so to say, but if you're interested i can keep you posted on any development.

Ciao.
Piero

#336 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

Hi Piero,

I am interested in your project. Do you need to DIY the circuit or are there Arduino shields available for the DC motor control?

I used to make a semi-auto routine to move the focuser and take a series of shots. Then a user can review a series of shots and then choose the photo with the sharpest star image. Then the focuser is commanded to move to the position where the sharpest star image was taken. It is a manual V-curve operation :)

Best regards,
Anat

#337 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hi Piero,

I'm also interested. it sounds really good. I have SW focuser and I'm looking for a simple idea how to connect and how to control it by iAstroHub. Keep up good work!

Kind regards,
Mikele

#338 smartc

smartc

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Thanks, Anat. For whatever reason I couldn't get the wifi working by just removing hostapd, etc. and in all my fiddling there's something else messed up and the MK808 won't boot to iAstroHub now either. I'm going to reflash the kernel and start fresh.

That site looks like one I hadn't found yet. I have a couple of micro-SD cards laying around so I'll try to get iAstroHub and a fresh ubuntu install working. Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Corey

#339 ManojK

ManojK

Explorer 1

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

hi all, been following this thread with great interest. Great work guys!

I am on a mac so had to borrow a Windows machine to do this process. The microsd imaging worked just fine, the flashing of MK808 needs a windows it looks like (I guess I could use the adb tool chain to do it, like I would with my phones, but didn't have the patience to futz around).

For anyone trying this though, what I noticed is this: my MK808 would not show up on the windows machine so I could reboot it into flash mode. I would have to trigger it manually. As a result I was using the reset button via a paperclip, which was probably too small in diameter, and it ended up dislodging the reset button itself.

So if you are attempting to do this, an alternate way to access the reset button easily might be to just pop off the cover. The reset button can then just be handled with fingers.

#340 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hi Piero,

How's going your betatesting of focuser/dew controller? Any news?

Kind regards,
Mikele

#341 vendinleciel

vendinleciel

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

I am new on this forum, i live in North of France, i try to install iastrohub on raspberry, i try to follow the differents readme for install, the system on raspi debian work but the scripts sh with command like 'su root...' do not work. i put all the site in /home/pi/www, the owner is www-data, the group www-data;
and i put some permission with visudo.
I have surely forgotten something!.
I can access with my tablet to index, to admin.phpans some other commands but the startapp.php make nothing on raspi. the ddserver button well execute ddserver on raspi; the shutdown is also good. I have installed astrometry, ccdcontrol, skychart and line_guider.Can you help me.
Congratulations for this wonderful project

#342 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Can you start apps on the command line using the script in startapp.sh ?

Try removing su root and use "sudo" instead.

#343 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hi Piero,

How's going your betatesting of focuser/dew controller? Any news?

Kind regards,
Mikele

Mikele,

FYI, I will start the development of focuser control for Robofocus soon. I choose to start with Robofocus now because I already have it and Robofocus has the serial-passthrough feature to control a mount via Robofocus. So, I can use only one port for both mount and robofocus.

Best regards,
Anat

#344 vendinleciel

vendinleciel

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

if i launch ./startapp.sh in terminal connected pi, system ask for a password. if i answer any password , authentification failure.
If i replace su root by sudo in script and execute in terminal i obtain a syntax error. In the to case no effect with appstart by admin.php.

What about the pwd for su root? is ti necessary to put an other declaration in sudoers to execute these 'su root...'without password :question:

#345 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

It is all about the root permission. Googling using "raspberry pi root", I get some related links:

http://www.raspberry...hp?f=91&t=48293
http://www.raspberry...hp?f=66&t=20745

Please try simple shell commands to test root permission first.

#346 SteveInNZ

SteveInNZ

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Could someone (ideally using windows) confirm that they have downloaded and successfully unzipped MK808_8GB_2013_11_13_r1.7z please ?

7-zip gives me an "unable to open" error and I'd like to be sure that the archive is good before I dig further.
Thanks.

#347 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

I've just downloaded that file and it unpacked without problems. It seems that your file is broken(?). In my case the downloaded file has 3 027 196 KB.

Kind regards,
Mikele

#348 SteveInNZ

SteveInNZ

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Thanks Mikele. It's not that then.

Steve.

#349 aoseesink

aoseesink

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Hi all! I'm looking for help. I have a Rasperry Pi running the newest Raspbian. The MK808 is on it's way but until it arrives I wanted to use the Rasperry to control my Meade LS-6" remotely. Unfortunately the Meade is not recognized and the driver is not working. Please note that the Meade has a PL2303 based USB port instead of the usual serial port on it's mount.

Does anyone know how to let Raspian recognize the LS?

Please find the results from lsusb and dmesg below.

*** With the LS attached. (I guess it shows as the ST-Ericsson)
pi@Amagiri /dev $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04cc:0000 ST-Ericsson
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

***Without the LS attached

pi@Amagiri /dev $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

DMESG output:

[ 2208.063949] usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 6 using dwc_otg
[ 2208.165620] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=04cc, idProduct=0000
[ 2208.165654] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 2208.165675] usb 1-1.3: Product: Meade eFinder Serial Emulator
[ 2208.165695] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: Meade
[ 2208.165713] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 1234567890
[ 2208.176715] cdc_acm 1-1.3:1.0: Zero length descriptor references
[ 2208.176769] cdc_acm: probe of 1-1.3:1.0 failed with error -22

It would be really great if someone could help me out with this. I guess I'm going to face the same problem once the MK808 is delivered...

Thanks in advance,
Alex

#350 Mikele

Mikele

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

Mikele,

FYI, I will start the development of focuser control for Robofocus soon. I choose to start with Robofocus now because I already have it and Robofocus has the serial-passthrough feature to control a mount via Robofocus. So, I can use only one port for both mount and robofocus.

Best regards,
Anat

Hi Anat!

Would you share the link to site/shop or information about this kind of Robofocuser?

Kind regards,
Mikele

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics