•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mini hitch question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Starhuckster

Starhuckster

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Boston, MA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

My mini hitch just arrived and my attempts to get my Baader Skysurfer V have been met with total failure. The plate for the finder doesn't allow any kind of attachment, as far as I can tell, and it won't mount to the scope. It was no sweat to pop it onto my C8, but an 80mm refractor, not so much.

I like this finder, it would stink to have to get another. Any suggestions?

:question:

#2 wormstar

wormstar

Apollo

• Loc: Usually Earth

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Double sided tape?

#3 Starhuckster

Starhuckster

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'm about ready to try that, duct tape would almost match the aluminum, but it might not look right on the finder.

I guess I'm hoping someone out there has this mount and this finder and figured this out. Worst case, I get a different finder and I'm also open to suggestions in that regard.

#4 swsantos

swsantos

Mariner 2

• Loc: Rhode Island

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

I use the Skysurfer III into an Orion Vixen shoe attached to my Mini Hitch. I like it because it's easily adjustable without tools for the different scopes I use on it.

#5 Starhuckster

Starhuckster

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well, I figured it out. It took a screw and wing nut through the center of the base. Seems to be a completely adequate solution.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics