Redoing CGEM Alignment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MHamburg

MHamburg

Apollo

• Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

Is there a way, other than a complete factory reset, of redoing the 2 star align 4 star calibration of the CGEM? I tried following the realignment procedures in the manual, but without good results. Thanks for the replies.

Michael

#2 Stew57

Stew57

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Silsbee Texas

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Do you mean after an ASPA or are your alignments bad in general? Usually you can just turn off the mount and realign. I havefound that the best way after an ASPA is to turn off the mount and realign. If your original alignment was close and you did not have to adjust much for the ASPA, just replacing the alignment stars wil suffice.

#3 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Is there a way, other than a complete factory reset, of redoing the 2 star align 4 star calibration of the CGEM? I tried following the realignment procedures in the manual, but without good results. Thanks for the replies.

Michael

Not sure what you are trying to do, but you can either cycle the power or go to the alignment menu.

#4 snommisbor

snommisbor

Viking 1

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

After ASPA slew back to original alignment stars using named stars in find, and once there press ALIGN, then scroll to Alignment stars. It will say Replace Arcturus? We will use for example and you say yes and just re align, then go to next
alignment star example Antares and once there press ALIGN and scroll to Alignment stars and press enter. It will say Replace Antares? but make sure it is the right star it could say the other one if so just scroll. Once you do that, add 2-4 Calib stars and you are good to go.

#5 MHamburg

MHamburg

Apollo

• Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for all the replies. What I have done is a factory reset which of course includes reentering time, date, time zone, and location. Not a biggie, but I have had "pilot error" getting to the alignment menu without doing this.
Michael

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics