• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ebbisham

Ebbisham

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Surrey, Uk

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

I can't find much on dedicated dovetails, vixen or Losmandy, for the 4" Televue clamshell.
Is the Farepoint Losmandy bar the only option? I have currently a short vixen dovetail bar with a long slit attached to my clamshell but would prefer something with 3 dedicated holes.
My current setup is probably up to the task but I would feel better with a bar with 3 separate holes.

#2 slyke

slyke

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

What about this style?
Televue Vixen Mount Adapter

-Stephen

#3 Ebbisham

Ebbisham

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Surrey, Uk

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

I was under the impression that this is not a standard vixen bar with two angled sides.
The long side in front in your link is upright with only the small section in the middle at an angle.
This might work with a Vixen GP mount that holds the bar only with a set screw that goes into this section.
A saddle like this requires both sides at an angle
http://admaccessorie...ries_Saddle.htm

I wouldn't mind a Losmandy bar but find the Farpoint bar a bit short for the ADM saddle I would like to ad to my Giro.

#4 Tom and Beth

Tom and Beth

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

I can't find much on dedicated dovetails, vixen or Losmandy, for the 4" Televue clamshell.
Is the Farepoint Losmandy bar the only option? I have currently a short vixen dovetail bar with a long slit attached to my clamshell but would prefer something with 3 dedicated holes.
My current setup is probably up to the task but I would feel better with a bar with 3 separate holes.

The Losmandy DUPS will allow you to use three short socket screws as it has a slot up the middle. Call Televue to order the short socket screw as it's a pain to find in the hardware store. FWIW, as long as you have three full thread engagement, two 1/4-20 SS screws are all you need for the TV-102.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics