By Stephen Bosbach

#2 davidpitre

davidpitre

Soyuz

• Loc: Central Texas

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

EZ Gazer Binocular Chair Review

By Stephen Bosbach

Thanks for the review. Hopefully this will help some others avoid your disappointment. The chair does indeed look to be built very poorly. I was amazed that they get $335. for it.

#3 turtle86

turtle86

Pooh-Bah Everywhere Else

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for your detailed review. You did a great job in pointing out the shortcomings of this chair, and the images are greatly appreciated. I'd certainly be willing to pay a few hundred dollars for a rugged, stable binocular chair. Perhaps this review will help lead to one.

#4 okieav8r

okieav8r

I'd rather be flying!

• Administrators
  • Loc: Oklahoma!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I've enjoyed a lot of good products that Astrogizmos sells over the years, but this one is a real head-scratcher. Just looking at the photo of the chair on their web site would have scared me off.

For binocular astronomy, I use an anti-gravity lounge chair. They've become very popular over the last few years, and I see a lot of them at star parties. The caveat is that they don't swivel, you have to hold your own binoculars (I use Canon 15 X 50 image stabilized binoculars, so at least I get a stable view), and they are so comfortable that sometimes, I can't help falling asleep. :sleepy:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics