CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Does anyone use Canon Antifog Eyepieces?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guangtou

guangtou

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

Specifically made for the 15x50 and 18x50 IS models. In the humid part of the country I live in, lens fogging is always an issue.

#2 CESDewar

CESDewar

GorillAstronomer

• Loc: Austin, Texas, USA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Sorry for late reply, but I saw no one answered this one. I have Canon 18x50's with the anti fog EP's, and yes, while I don't use them all that often, the occasions where I needed them, they worked like a charm. I have used them in conditions where everyone else was giving up - - including people with dew heaters for objectives and EP's on their scopes.

Expensive? Yes but they really do work. I have been out observing when humidity was well over 90% (getting mighty close to when fog was going to roll in!)

#3 guangtou

guangtou

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thanks foe the info. I have mine coming. Is it possible to use them with the eyecups rolled back?

#4 CESDewar

CESDewar

GorillAstronomer

• Loc: Austin, Texas, USA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Sorry to be answering weeks later yet again :-(
The answer is yes if you are careful. They aren't held in quite as well, but I leave the eyecups rolled back almost all the time and they have not fallen out yet...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics