CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sears Discoverer equatorial refractor model 34451

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joe Cepleur

Joe Cepleur

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Dark North Woods

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Anyone know the Sears Discoverer equatorial refractor, model 34451? One is for sale not so near me, but not so far from friends deserving of a visit. Looks to be complete. Cardboard box with full Styrofoam inserts and white tube suggest quite a late model; would that mean its not as good as an older powder blue tube? Looking at the reflex finder, I suspect it is a Towa. Did any manufacturer other that Towa use that design? (Tanzutsu built a reflex scope, but at a steeper angle with a chunkier eyepiece.) An asking price of $75 brings it home.

#2 madeline

madeline

Viking 1

• ***--
  • Loc: Bloomington, MN

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

As far as I know only Towa did that design but that could be debateable. I have one of those that is a Bushnell that has a circle T. I like it just because it has that reflex finder, something different. It should be the same as the Jason 313 I believe. I would try and talk him down some and go for it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics