• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John59

John59

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Round Rock,TX

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Anyone been out lately? I know the weather has been non favorable for the last week here. I seems to be really quite on this forum the last few days. I am always looking for fresh photos from our members as well as posting myself after weather permits me to take a few recordings. I cannot wait until the "daylight savings" time has ended and I have more time to view and record during the week. I wold love to see more from Nytecam and Dragon man. You guys post really good stuff and I have learned a lot from you! :bow:

#2 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• Loc: London UK

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Anyone been out lately? I know the weather has been non favorable for the last week here.....I wold love to see more from Nytecam and Dragon man. You guys post really good stuff and I have learned a lot from you! :bow:

Thanks John - now the evenings are drawing in I'm out down the garden/backyard to the obsy before 8pm carrying just my laptop like last night's haul which may or may not Rock your boat - pun intended :lol:

#3 jgraham

jgraham

Voyager 1

• Loc: Miami Valley Astronomical Society

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

The full moon kinda puts a damper on thing as well. I had my DSI Pro III out last night checking on my current active list of variable stars, then slewed over to the moon for a quick look. On the observing side of things I might spend some time tinkering with my DSI III. I spent some time with it last night in a pure observing mode and did a few quick tests. I usually use my monochrome Pro III for observing because the image it gives is so darned sharp and the camera is so sensitive. However, I can get close to the Pro III with the DSI III binned 2x2, then I also have the option of dropping it back to 1x1 and color. The weather here is supposed to cloud up for the next week, so I'll have some time to think about it.

So much to try, so few clear nights...

#4 Mittag56

Mittag56

Mariner 2

• Loc: West Amboy, N.Y.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

I wouldn't mind the moon...if only the rain would stop...just saying

#5 rlandsboro

rlandsboro

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Scottsdale, AZ. USA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Rank amateur pic of Jupiter attached. C8 with Mallincam Extreme. Taken 12/5 in light polluted white zone over my house with all the holiday lights burning. Could be shadow of Io on the right?

Attached Files

#6 GlennLeDrew

GlennLeDrew

Voyager 1

• Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Is "12/5" 5 Dec. or 12 May? :grin: Knowing how different nations have different conventions re. the writing of dates, it might be best to not number the month, but instead use its name.

And yes, this forum has been rather moribund of late...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics