Photo

Need a clip board clip to hold light for drawing??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 whirlpoolm51

whirlpoolm51

Viking 1

• ****-
  • Loc: pittsburgh,pa

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Does anyone know where i could possibly find a sort of clip that would clip on to my clip board and hold my flashlight or other light so i can comftorably sketch at the eyepiece without holding my flashlight in my mouth hahahaha
:tonofbricks:
Believe me it get svery frustrating having nothing to hold a light so i can see what im sketching!!!!!!

#2 Undermidnight

Undermidnight

BEOTS "Tweener Cup" winner

• Loc: Untermitternacht

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

A buddy of mine picked up an item from one of the vendors at Almost Heaven Star Party. It is a clip on with two red LEDs attached to flexible arms. Looked perfect for a clipboard. I will get the name of the vendor.

I am using something called an Ultra Dark Light which is no longer made anymore. Jeremy Perez has a suggestion On his site

#3 Hubert

Hubert

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

I use a headlamp on the clipboard. See picture

Attached Files

#4 Undermidnight

Undermidnight

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Ok, it looks like the company hasn't updated their website with the new clip on light, but the website is AstroGizmos. Also, it appears that Cat's Eye Collimation sells a clip on light as well.

Jason

#5 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

• Loc: Utah

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

I use a mini barbacue light that is led and I covered the light with some red film and red fingernail polish. It is a magnet so it simply sits on the clip part of the clipboard I use. I also got a the same type of light with a magnet and a clip from my local Smith's (Kroger) marketplace in their automotive section. I like that because it gives me an option. It is like this one at Amazom. Another option is this Black & Decker clip light. It has a red filter but I had to deaden it for use at dark site. They are $10.00 at Walmart and I have used my extensively, so much I bought a spare.

#6 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

• Loc: Crozet VA 22932

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I have tried a couple and they are OK. More consistently, however, I use a headband LED that I let go around my neck so it hangs on my upper chest. Then adjust the angle to have the light hit where your torso is facing.

#7 Undermidnight

Undermidnight

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Went through the sketching tips sticky thread and found this link:

Illuminating your sketch pad (Archived)

That may give us some more ideas.

Jason

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics