omahaastro

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Omaha, NE

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Anyone going to HOASP?

October 11-14
http://www.hoasp.org

Held at Astronomical Society of Kansas City's dark sky site located 75 miles south of KC. Mag. 6.7 skies.

#2 Diana N

Diana N

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Nebraska

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Wish I could, but alas, I can't leave Omaha on that weekend. Should be a great star party if the current wonderful observing weather hold up!

#3 omahaastro

omahaastro

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Oh hello Diana, good to see some more OAS members on board at cloudynights. You should post a photo of that Brandon refractor of yours over on the refractor forum, such a beautiful scope.

#4 Eric A Jensen

Eric A Jensen

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stavanger, Norway (59 deg. N)

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hello all,

I was recently at this year's Heart of America Star Party. This was my first star party, and a very nice experience. It was very social and well organized.

The first few days were unfortunately cloudy, but the 14th and 15th of October we got some great observing through scopes of medium to large size. Scope owners were very generous in time at the eyepiece, and we all enjoyed observing together.

I am writing a couple of observing reports from the event. I will post them on the deep-sky forum in due time.

Regards,

Eric

#5 omahaastro

omahaastro

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, the cloudy weather kept me away (I hadn't pre-registered... and had an additional late fee riding on whether I decided to go or not). Ever since I bought my big 30", pretty much every star party has been clouded out... go figure.

Funny Eric... I actually saw a few photos some fellow club members of mine took, and one of them pointed out 'Eric of Norway'. ;)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics