• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: bartlesville oklahoma

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

just received a celestron gps unit for for my nexstar se mount. i tryed it out in my garage and starting out i turned the mount on click on enter then a two star alignment, click enter and the gps came on with the wrong time, above it said" gps linking, press enter if ok, press undo to edit" not sure what to do at this point. i thought it would just say " gps linking then when it had finished there would be something that would indicate that. would being in my garage and it being cloudy have something to do with this? i dont know much about gps and not much detail in the instructions. i would appreciate some help please. thanks, don

#2 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Skylab

• Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Donnie,

The GPS is working the way it should. You may have to go outside to get a signal. When the GPS is 'Linked' it will show on the display. This can take a few minutes.

The wrong time/date is the defalt time/date. It will always start out at that time/date and then link up and show the correct info. Don't be too quick to press enter, because the time will show up as correct, but it will take a few seconds more for the date to be entered.
Stan

#3 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: bartlesville oklahoma

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

thanks RTLR 12 for that info, i can rest easy now. donnie

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics