Turning Drive Off Briefly - Mach1GTO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

• Loc: Toronto, Ontario

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Is there a way to temporarily stop the drive of my GTO without losing my alignment and/or turning the whole thing off? I'm beginning a program of Double Star measurement and the REDUC software needs an E-W star trail in the image in order to set a baseline for PA measurements.

Thanks

Dave

#2 korborh

korborh

Viking 1

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Just turn the Sidereal tracking off using button 8 on the keypad. You will not lose alignment

#3 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Thanks, 'k'. I suppose the 8 button toglles the drive off and on.....

Dave

#4 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Dave

Not quite. From the Main (top) menu, the 8 button toggles through sidereal, solar, lunar tracking rates and stop. Grab up a copy of the v4.12 keypad manual, sit down, and have a read. There is also a serial based command to get to this item directly. Yes the keypad is up to v4.17 but it is just a few bug fixes which are noted in the 4.17 addendum but the base 4.12 manual has not changed. As is normally the case, a bit of poking around on the extraordinarily well laid out Astro-Physics website will lead you to these items.

#5 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Dave

Not quite. From the Main (top) menu, the 8 button toggles through sidereal, solar, lunar tracking rates and stop. Grab up a copy of the v4.12 keypad manual, sit down, and have a read. There is also a serial based command to get to this item directly. Yes the keypad is up to v4.17 but it is just a few bug fixes which are noted in the 4.17 addendum but the base 4.12 manual has not changed. As is normally the case, a bit of poking around on the extraordinarily well laid out Astro-Physics website will lead you to these items.

Thanks for the clarification. A bit of poking around here onCN leads me to these items with excellent efficiency.... :whistle:

Dave

#6 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Dave

Thanks for the clarification. A bit of poking around here onCN leads me to these items with excellent efficiency.... :whistle:

Dave

Not me. In general, I find the signal to noise ratio on this site to be p poor, the quality of even the decent responses to be mediocre (even mine as I don't recall the actual sequence of the button presses nor do I recall the serial command), and the length of time required to get such info to be incredibly slow. In comparison, by going to the AP website, getting the on-line pdf of the manual and by searching it for "stop" I would have the exact info directly from the source and I would likely have learned several other interesting tidbits in the process. I would also have a pdf copy of the manual on my computer, iPad, and iPhone as well. The total elapsed time would have been comparable to what it took you to type your original question here. :shocked:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics