APM-ARIES Corp.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Loc: Germany

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

I know Valery Deryuzhi, Aries Instruments, now since 1994, around 18 years in Person , we have done many business together, have had our problems, solved them and moved on.
In the last 10 years APM and Aries went its own way in the profesional business. Aries has build high quality eyepieces, high quality Mak Optics and Telescopes, high quality Fluorite apos, delivered RC optics of fame and some own telescopes.
APM went 2 ways , my love > the amateur products and my making money for live way with profesional projects, several of them you can see and read on our special webside, here http://www.professio...lescopes.net/.. we have manufactured some of the largest apochromats in the world and RC Telescopes up to 1.2 m diameter, ultrafast astrographs etc for Instituts and Universitys around the world.

For start in the year 2013 we decited to make a joint venture : Aries Designs, Aries Optics matched with APM Mechanics and APM Management.

One of our first projects together will be a 830 mm large Ultrafast Astrograph for a worldfamous Organisation.

Some Projects we will make together will be large Maks with ultrasmall central Obstructions, a Tool improving Planetary Observations to a level unknown till today, Photo-Visual Fluorite Apochromatic Refractors up to 14", RC Telescopes with a new level of optical quality not only for imagers but also for visual Observers, Ultra fast RC Telescopes and more.
This will be projects for many years, step by step.

This will be products , not yet available on this planet.

Soon we will create our own yahoo group and start to build up our own webside.

In 2013 my second half of business live will start and will get me bussy for next 50 years, before I retire when I get 100 years.

We will report on the CN Vendor Forum our ongoing and present one Product after the next.
We have includet in our Team Matthias Wirth for high level amateur telescopes, a profesional imager testing all products from the photographic side, my german mashine engineering company etc.

We will not produce together products which compete to mass productions, we will produce the best of the best, but not for the highest prices of all, but for affortable prices.

Several of the products are in design stage, some already in pre testing stage, so we are able to start in 2013 with delivery of some of our future product line.

We will not forget the amateur market , some of this fantastic products will be made for YOU, the CN readers.

Soon we continue with first informations, this posting is only to inform you, that 2013 will be a start of new highlights

#2 rockethead26

rockethead26

Gemini

• Loc: Arizona, USA

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Congrats on the new (or renewed) venture. Sound like some exciting new designs are coming. Best of luck.

#3 Howie Glatter

Howie Glatter

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

O.k. Markus, it sounds good, but what are you going to do after that ?

#4 meade4ever

meade4ever

Viking 1

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

Wonderful
Thanks Markus for letting us dream

#5 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Howie you know my year of birth people getting 127 years old, so we working till we are 100, then we do a 20 year retirement and last 7 years we hang up in the beergarden :-)

#6 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Howie you know my year of birth people getting 127 years old, so we working till we are 100, then we do a 20 year retirement and last 7 years we hang up in the beergarden :-)

Sounds like a plan! :bow:

Congrats on your new venture and I hope it goes well.

Ron

#7 Bill Barlow

Bill Barlow

Vanguard

• Loc: Overland Park KS

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Would APM-ARIES Corp. consider manufacturing MCT's of optical quality like Intes-Micro? I am asking about the possibility of a 9" MCT OTA at f/12 with a CO around 28%..much like the older Santel scope Is this something you might want to do? Good luck..

Bill

#8 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Bill

we have in mind a 10" and 12" with very small C.O. in the area between 19 and 21 %, here all tools and testing glases excist already. For a new model new tools and testing glases must be made and thats expensive.
On the used market I saw recently such telescopes which did not sell even for $ 2,000 well, so I have biggest doubt there is any market for such and not at all for real high end optics/mechanics, as we want to do.
INTES MICRO is always ready to make such scope if I order 5 pc at once, but the cost will still be about 4,000 Euro, equals to $ 5,500 with shipping and I do not believe somebody want to pay this money for a nice 9" russian made Mak with great Optics and ok mechanics

#9 pbsastro

pbsastro

Viking 1

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

we have in mind a 10" and 12" with very small C.O.

I know most epole are looking after small CO for extra contrast, but personally I prefer large CO to get a large 100% illuminated circle.

#10 Bill Barlow

Bill Barlow

Vanguard

• Loc: Overland Park KS

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I would also like a larger CO in the order of 25-28 percent to produce a larger illuminated field of view. I guess I'll keep an eye out for anyone selling a 9" Santel MCT.

Bill

#11 DavidNealMinnick

DavidNealMinnick

Ranger 4

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

we have in mind a 10" and 12" with very small C.O. in the area between 19 and 21 %,

I'm interested. I hope it will not out of my price, or mount, range. Any idea what such an instrument will weigh? And what are your thoughts with regard to rapidly cooling the glass?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics