CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone with an image of their G11 and cable config

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 broca

broca

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ocala, FL

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

I have a Losmandy G11 and was wondering how all of you configure your cables while imaging. Right now I just let the cables fall from the device (CCD, guider, dew heater and focuser). I'd just like to see a better way of managing these cables and what you have have come up with.

#2 dawziecat

dawziecat

Vanguard

• Loc: Rural Nova Scotia

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I gather the cables and tape them to the saddle near the pivot point for the dec axis. I use the smooth version of duct tape, used for dryer venting, among other things. It is easy to tear and, at least for a week or so, leaves no sticky residue. Longer term, I can't say. I found it easier than Velcro strapping, which I was using before.

Image here.

I could care less that it's not elegant. It's convenient and it works. Having cables dragging on the camera, using the pivot-to-camera distance as a moment arm to torque on is not a good idea.

#3 Charlie B

Charlie B

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sterling, Virginia

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I do a similar method but bought a bag of heavy duty rubber bands as fasteners. I reuse them til they break.

Regards,

Charlie B

#4 wiruna

wiruna

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Here's what I do with a G8; the G11 should be similar.

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics