Last summer, I asked my friend Chris about installing a shield on the Cobra head light that is at the end of my drive. He gladly took care of that request knowing that I observed from the drive with my big Dob.
Unfortunately, it didn't solve my lighting problem. He came back a couple of weeks later and painted the side facing the house. It was better, but not the best.
I saw him last week and asked about the possibility of making an extension for the shield that would block the light on my side of the light.
A couple of hours later he shows up at the house with a new shield and said to have at it and he'd be back by Monday after noon to put it up. Oh, by the way, he offered to move the existing shield up the street to the next light while he was here.
This weekend, I took an hour or so and made a shield for the light at the end of the drive and one for the shield that would be relocated.
He showed up this afternoon and put them up.
Here are before and after pictures.
By the way, they are 4 second and 6 second shots respectively....
While my observing site here at the house is no where to the level of my darksky site, it's definitely much better and will be much more enjoyable.