How to create and shorten a URL link
Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:30 PM
1. Just below the dialog box used to type your post, there's a set of links under "Instant UBB Code". First, copy the address box from the URL address screen at the top of your browser.
2. Now, in the Instant UBB Code, click on URL. A dialog box will appear. For me, it's in the upper left of the screen.
3. Paste the copied address into the dialog box and click OK.
4. Another dialog box will appear. Type in a description such as "Link" or "Click Here" or whatever you prefer and click OK.
You will find in the dialog box that you have started your post the URL address that will end in whatever it was that you chose to describe the link such as, "Link". When you click on Continue to review your post, the link will be highlighted. Hope this helps!
Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:29 PM
1. copy the url into the clipboard (CTRL+C)
2. In the Quick Reply field where you're typing your post, type:
but use  brackets instead of ()
and paste the url where the XYZ is.
Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:25 AM
Update: In CN3 just type the "whatever" word or phrase, highlight it and then click on the link icon in post's edit panel above and a "Link" dialog appears. Paste the URL there and click OK.