Need a new monitor...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BKBrown

BKBrown

Gemini

• Loc: Northern Virginia, USA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

My Samsung SynchMaster 204T monitor appears to be on the verge of giving up the ghost. I'm trying to not be annoyed and instead think of this as an opportunity. What I am looking for is feedback on what high resolution monitors in the 20" range folks are using to support processing. Any recommendations are appreciated, I plan to move on this by next week. Thanks!

Clear Skies, Brian :help:

#2 BLINEAU

BLINEAU

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Paris, France

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

It seems to be an epidemic! My SAMSUNG SyncMaster 940N just give up the ghost and I ask myself the same questions. So I am also interested in the subject ...

Regards
Eric

#3 Rankinstudio

Rankinstudio

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Southern UT

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ha, my ASUS just gave up the ghost... I'm also in the market. Epidemic for sure.

#4 BKBrown

BKBrown

Gemini

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yikes :scared: and no vaccine in sight! Guess I'll have to go out shopping tomorrow since we haven't heard any kind of recommendations...

Clear Skies,
Brian

#5 Kecktastic

Kecktastic

Skylab

• Loc: Broken Hill NSW Australia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi Brian,

I have a BENQ 24" HDMI SENSEYE 3 GL2450 B Flat screen monitor, that came with a new hi spec desktop that I set up down stairs in my observatory a couple of months ago. It seems quite nice although I haven't yet got around to calibrating it. Upstairs in a computer hutch by my scope I have a 23" ASUS VH232 LCD Flat screen, have had this monitor for a couple years. I run DVI via a powered DVI splitter from the desktop to both screens. For processing I have been using the BENQ 24" with final colour balance being done on a Toshiba Laptop that has been calibrated. When I get around to calibrating the BENQ reckon I will do the lot with it.

Regards
Trevor

#6 BKBrown

BKBrown

Gemini

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks Trevor! I went online and checked out the specs and they look very good, I can't get over how much the LCD prices have dropped in the past few years. Only problem with the BenQ I see is that it does not appear to be available stateside, might have to see if they are available rebranded under a different name here. Asus, on the other hand, is commonly available so I might look in that direction. Thanks for the feedback :grin:

Clear Skies,
Brian

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics