Jupiter with CPC1100 and Various imagers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oldstargazer

oldstargazer

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Western Oklahoma

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

This combo worked pretty well at catching the planet and a couple of the nearest moons. Processed capture using the original neximage device with Registax 6 which is no longer saving the zoomed image for some reason so this is as captured.

Attached Files

#2 herrointment

herrointment

Aurora

• Loc: North of Hwy. 64

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Ralph, it would appear you have both the Neximage and Neximage 5 cameras....any preference?

I just received the new model but no chances to try it out yet.......I'm obviously hoping it's better than the original!

#3 oldstargazer

oldstargazer

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

The new one has better resolution and this image would have been in color but IC capture for some reason defaulted to factory settings when my computer went into hybernate mode. So it seems that IC capture is both good and bad when it comes to this camera. Good in that it gives you lots of control optons but now that I have seen it clear out all the settings I had figured out to make it work correctly just do to hybernation mode I am not so happy with it.

Attached Files

#4 rg55

rg55

Apollo

• Loc: western US

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Those are some beautiful shots, Ralph.

The old Neximage was a pretty good entry level camera...same with the SPC900. Then there's the capture program, the stacking program, and the graphics editor. Lots to learn. You either love it or you bail. I'm loving it, but getting used to learning curves. Still looking for a forum for the Neximage 5, not a lot out there so far.

#5 oldstargazer

oldstargazer

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks Richard, I have been spending most of my time using my new modded T2i but since the moon is where it is I had some time. I think I had finally gotten a handle on the dang capture program when the computer went into hybernate mode and wiped it all out. I was on a roll last night since the moon was out there and the winds were out of a direction where I could get some relief from it as well. I captured this with my DBK 21au618 that I finally managed to get after waiting months due to a crazy store with IC before it went belly up on the restart. I had an ir blocking filter on the nose piece for this capture.

Attached Files

#6 rg55

rg55

Apollo

• Loc: western US

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Ralph, have you tried Backyard EOS for your DSLR? Very good application, excellent support, ongoing innovation and improvement.

#7 oldstargazer

oldstargazer

Surveyor 1

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

I use the EOS utility that came with the camera for some things. I have been having so much fun with that modded camera that I haven't done anything with my other imagers in a long time. I entered a picture of the Bubble in this months beginner sketch/image contest, I think it turned out really good.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics