1 reply to this topic

#1 ValeryD

ValeryD

Vendor (Aries)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Kherson, Ukraine.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hi Don,

I have a Flea3 1.3 Mpix GigE mono camera. However, my laptop has only 100Mbit Ethernet adapter and I run the camera through USB 3.0 - GigE adapter, which supports up to 1 Gig Bit speed. However, maximal camera speed is always 2x less than in specs for GigE camera.
Obviously, that USB 3.0 to GigE adapter is not a neck bottle. Why Fly Capture driver limits the GigE camera?

How this can be solved?

#2 DonAtPointGrey

DonAtPointGrey

Vendor - Point Grey

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hi Valery,

Can you post what adapter you are using? Also, how you determine max camera speed - do FlyCapture GUI work well with the camera? Actually, you should really send this information to support@ptgrey.com, since the support guys are better at checking all the right cases and they don't hang out on the forums.

Frankly, I'm surprised and pleased it is going as well as it is, since when you posted earlier that you were going to try this adapter, I was waiting for you to report that you couldn't get it to work at all! So that is cool!

You should send an email to support@ptgrey.com with your camera model, the adapter model, and the speeds you can achieve and the camera mode for that speed. Also, I wonder whether there is some way that we can determine whether it is really operating in USB3 (rather than falling back to USB2). Because 50% of GigE is very close to USB2 speeds.

Thanks,
Don

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics