Need help with Nebulosity & Mallincam image work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A. Viegas

A. Viegas

Apollo

• Loc: New York City/ CT

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

So I have sort of figured out how to use Registaxx and DSS with my Mallincam Extreme image captures... I have been thinking about moving up the learning curve and I have been playing around with the Demo version of Nebulosity, but I cannot figure out how to import image files that do not have the white lines through the frame. I am thinking about buying Nebulosity but wanted to see how much better I could noobishly process some captures using this program over DSS or Registaxx.

I understand the de-interlace and de-bayering issues (conceptually), but how do you set up the image import or batch import to do this? Has anyone successfully used Nebulosity to work with live video cams like the MCX?

Thanks!
Al

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

The white lines are due to the unregistered demo version. Buy the real McCoy and no more lines. The purchase price is well worth it.

#3 A. Viegas

A. Viegas

Apollo

• Loc: New York City/ CT

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi Unc,

I sort of figured it out... I can open JPEG files with no problem and I can open DSS stacked TIFs, only raw TIF or BMP from mallincam capture program are opening with vertical lines... You are right in DEMO version you cannot save without diagonal lines... But for my purposes given that Nebulosity cannot control the Mallincam, I was trying to determine if it's stacking and pre processing was any better than DSS, from my limited experience so far using only JPGs it does not seem that much better...

Al

#4 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I've used Nebulosity a hell of a lot and I have to disagree with you there. Stacking is better IMHO, noticeably better an easier, than with Registax, DSS, or anything else I have tried.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics