Photo

Which Televue diagonal to use with CPC 925 HD?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stanss

stanss

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'm planning to get a CPC 925 HD in the near future and upgrade the visual back and stock diagonal at the same time using Astro-Physics adapters and a 2" Everbrite diagonal. After the A-P 2.7" adapter for 3.25" rear cells (ADASCTLC27) I'm really confused about which A-P 2" adapter I should use, the regular ADA2003 adapter or the ADA20132 thin adapter and which 2" Everbrite diagonal I should use, the regular or short versions. I'm leaning toward the "regular" versions of the 2" adapter and diagonal, but do I need to use the thin/short versions of each to (1) allow the scope to swing through the base and (2) make sure I don't have any problem bringing an eyepiece (or other attachment) to focus?

#2 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: SLC, UT

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

just a FYI, I have a CPC 9.25 Starbright and tried a couple different diagonals, the last being a Meade. I just ordered a crayford focuser and Demkmeirier S1 diagonal. The crayford is to ease the mirror shift when focusing. Just my input

#3 stanss

stanss

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm still in the process of exploring different options, maybe even the Baader clicklock 3.25" adapter, if it's appropriate to use with the scope. I'm pretty concerned about whether the scope will clear the base and point to zenith when the diagonal is attached.

#4 PatDunne

PatDunne

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Dublin, Rep of Ireland.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Earlier this year I bought a Celestron 2-inch XLT Diagonal and have found it to be less than successful, especially when it comes to threading in to my 9.25. Also for some bizarre reason it is quite difficult to set it up at the right angle for ease of viewing.

#5 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: SLC, UT

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

another thought, with a filter switch of some kind you eliminate the shifting of your setup by not having to remove E/P or diagonal to install/switch filters.. As far as clearance I have mounted a nikon dslr D5000 onto diagional I now have (meade) and mounted on a H/D wedge have never had clearance problem at all

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics