CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CPC MAC SKY SAFARI PRO ..WHAT ELSE?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snowboycosmos

snowboycosmos

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

how do i joined the mac to the telescope assuming i have all three of the above? do i purchase the skyfi?-the ski wire? what wires connect the mac to the cpc regarding this programme.do i need the original celestron lead plus the rs232 lead.... and pointers would be helpful.thanks sbc.

#2 Trombone

Trombone

Viking 1

• Loc: Canadian west (and north!)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

No wires connect it, unless using Sky wire I guess. I use the Skyfi with my Ipad and CPC1100 and they talk as a wireless network. The skyfi plugs into the end of the Celestron controller which is attached as usual to the CPC.

#3 Doc Bob

Doc Bob

Viking 1

• Loc: Maryland, USA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

I have SkyWire and RS232 connector - My iphone go-to is actually more accurate than the CPC1100 software - once you get a good alignment
[I use Auto 2-star] . . . thinking back I should have gone with the Skyfi system - if only for the convenience of controlling the scope w/o wires! Next project.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics