• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sunspot

Sunspot

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi all,

Using this version I cannot find where the stacked image is placed when using Single point stacking. Trying to stack a run of Ganymede and the final image is no where to be found. Multiple stacking is no problem. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks!!
Paul

#2 MvZ

MvZ

Surveyor 1

• Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Have you contacted the author?

edit: I'll look into it.

#3 Freddy WILLEMS

Freddy WILLEMS

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Hawaii, Honolulu

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

I had that also a few times, but stacked again and it showed up correctly in the file.
It happens when you try to stack more images then the initial run has in the Avi available, I guess...

#4 Sunspot

Sunspot

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

The funny thing is that when I restack the set as multi point, I find it with no problems. I spent the weekend in Tucson at the ASA Expo (looking at all the scopes I would love for planetary...) so I hope to check out the suggestions later today.

Thanks!
Paul

#5 MvZ

MvZ

Surveyor 1

• Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Could you give me a description of the settings that you used? Perhaps a a screenshot of a run that fails to produce a single stack?

I tried to reproduce it, but I can't. What Freddy said is true though: if you try to stack more frames then there are in the file, it will not produce an output stack at all.

To be honest, I think I will get rid of the single alignment mode alltogether. It doesn't really add anything. You can just add a single AP in MAP mode, and it will actually do stacking a bit faster that way.

I believe it is a bit redundant. The only functionality that I would have to transfer is the 'detail validation' functionality (which will be a complete PITA, perhaps it is easier for me to hide the single AP mode in a menu for those that would want to use that).

Any objections ??

#6 Sunspot

Sunspot

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'll get a screen shot later and send it to you. There is a very nice work around which probably would allow you to remove single point altogether (as you mentioned). The object I wanted to do a single point was Ganymede. In stead of choosing a single point box, I choose a multi box that is larger (say...50 pixels) than Ganymede and a single alignpoint box nicely surrounded Ganymede.

Paul

#7 Sunspot

Sunspot

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Here is a screen capture. I think I see what happened. The program never stacked the frames. I let the computer sit for 10 minutes and nothing happened beyond this screen.

Hope that helps.
Paul

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics