• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CONQUEST1

CONQUEST1

Explorer 1

• Loc: Peoria, Arizona

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hey All,
I have an SCB 2000N that seems to be stuck in menu mode. Camera is powered and will display menu via AmCap however the menu is frozen on only one screen and not adjustable with the selection buttons. The pressure switches are not stuck in the "on" position visually. I would appreciate any input to resolve this issue.

Thx,
Jerry
----------------------------

#2 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Jerry,

Please first try to use a 12V regulated power supply (try not to over-voltage too much) or a 12V battery (e.g., Jumpstart battery pack) to test if the videocam is back to normal. Poorly regulated power supply should never be used.

If still unresolved and return for warranty repair is not an option, then try to open up the camera, disconnect one of the back circuit board cable (related to push button controls) and re-test. Which cable to disconnect? I have to reinspect the camera myself...

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

#3 CONQUEST1

CONQUEST1

Explorer 1

• Loc: Peoria, Arizona

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

ccs_hello
Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate your advise. I have another idea as I have tested the camera on a monitor (LCD TV). It does function properly, menu is adjustable and viewed object is displayed. I believe the issue is in my capture device or capture device cable (integral cable - video input RCA plug to micro connector). I have another capture device and cable ordered and on their way. I'll post my findings when I receive it and perform a test with the new capture device.

Thx again,
Jerry
-------------------------------------------

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics