CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

c8 orange tube vintage on eq mount

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JamesL

JamesL

Vostok 1

• Loc: Pacific,MO

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

could someone tell me what hardware is needed to convert my scope to an eq mount from its origanal fork mount,it is a 1978 orange tube c8.Would scope stuff have the right stuff needed? Will not be doing ap just viewing for now.Thanks!

#2 spectre

spectre

Mariner 2

• Loc: Abington, PA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

I did this to my '79 C-8 in January using an ADM dovetail to mount the OTA to my CG-5 . Check this site.

http://www.admaccess..._Dovetails.htm?

#3 w orchid

w orchid

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Tampa, Fl

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

That's what I used as well. Careful not to scratch the OTA...

#4 pfile

pfile

Gemini

• -----

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

i think i used scopestuff.com 's stuff to accomplish this but the ADM kit is probably higher quality.

#5 magnus

magnus

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Visby, Sweden

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

I have "deforked" my `73 orange C8 and bought a vixen style rail from Scope Stuff that fits C8 ota and my CG-5 mount. Scope Stuff had all that I needed to mount the rail onto my old orange C8. Works fine & Iam happy with the arrangement. SS is a great company!
As the C8 is a bit rear heavy I have also bought av small counterweight, which I attach to the vixenstyle rail for balancing. Bought from Teleskop Service.

Good Luck,
Magnus

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics