SpaceView DARPA Project

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 pbealo

pbealo

Viking 1

• Loc: New Hampshire

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

"I would rather not be involved in research that will eventually be militarized."

You mean like the invention of fire??

Peter B.

#27 Hilmi

Hilmi

Soyuz

• Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

I got my principles, nothing to bash me over the head about. Sure that even non stick frying pans where an offshoot of military technology but doesnt hurt if I did my own little contribution to peace. Any way I will not discuss this any further now as it is the sort of topic tha gets threads locked. In fact if the moderator feels I have already gone to far please delete this post. No hard feelings on my side.

#28 1965healy

1965healy

The Snarkster

• Moderators
  • Loc: San Antonio, TX

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

No need to lock it, just keep it polite. We each have principles that guide our lives and owe each other the same respect we'd like to receive.

#29 JAT Observatory

JAT Observatory

NOT a Wimp

• Loc: In the Primordial Soup

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hilmi,
Please don't take my comment as bashing it wasn't intended to be that. It is just hard to separate some of the uses of technologies.

Look at it this way. While DARPA is concerned about military assets, civil & commercial assets can also be affected by space borne debris.

Not everything the military develops is bad, trauma treatment, logistical processes, communications advancement, etc.

Just something to think about.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics