• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom yates

Tom yates

Explorer 1

• Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hi guy's
My question is with my mark v baader's is it viable to use a pr of 6mm jena ortho's in my 6" f8/1200mm/ william optics refractor (Lzos optics/feathertouch focuser)
For planet/luner viewing

#2 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

CZJ orthos work fine in my Mark V binos (5 inch apo refractor).

The only issue is with stray light. There are no rubber eye guards on mine, so I sometimes have to cup my hands around the eyepieces to cut out the stray light.

I used to own pairs of all the CZJ orthos except the 8mm. They are so rare I never could get anyone to part with theirs so I could have a pair. I still have a pair of the 12.5 orthos, but the others have been replaced with ZAO-II.

Cheers,

Ron

Attached Files

#3 Tom yates

Tom yates

Explorer 1

• Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thank's for the reply Ron i own one 6mm jena just need to find a second one top make up a pr the one i have is the same as the one's in your photo with the refractor
I also own the 25mm, 16mm,10mm jena's i know i could use glasspath corrector but i would rather just get another 6mm
Tom.

#4 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Tom,

Sounds like a good plan to me. I am NOT in favor of changing the Glass Path Corrector during a session. It is far too easy to drop it or stick your thumb on it as you dismantle the pieces. :p

I do my setting up before I go outside and spend the time outside enjoying the views.

Cheers,

Ron

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics