•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Baader mk 5 with jena 6mm ortho's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom yates

Tom yates

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hi guy's
My question is with my mark v baader's is it viable to use a pr of 6mm jena ortho's in my 6" f8/1200mm/ william optics refractor (Lzos optics/feathertouch focuser)
For planet/luner viewing

#2 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

CZJ orthos work fine in my Mark V binos (5 inch apo refractor).

The only issue is with stray light. There are no rubber eye guards on mine, so I sometimes have to cup my hands around the eyepieces to cut out the stray light.

I used to own pairs of all the CZJ orthos except the 8mm. They are so rare I never could get anyone to part with theirs so I could have a pair. I still have a pair of the 12.5 orthos, but the others have been replaced with ZAO-II.

Cheers,

Ron

Attached Files

#3 Tom yates

Tom yates

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thank's for the reply Ron i own one 6mm jena just need to find a second one top make up a pr the one i have is the same as the one's in your photo with the refractor
I also own the 25mm, 16mm,10mm jena's i know i could use glasspath corrector but i would rather just get another 6mm
Tom.

#4 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Tom,

Sounds like a good plan to me. I am NOT in favor of changing the Glass Path Corrector during a session. It is far too easy to drop it or stick your thumb on it as you dismantle the pieces. :p

I do my setting up before I go outside and spend the time outside enjoying the views.

Cheers,

Ron

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics