CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New to solar imaging, need help :(

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 PiotrM

PiotrM

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Poland

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

There are absolute QE charts from e2v. For sapphire EV76C560 QE max is around 60% - chart and chart 2.

Airylab should have their own measurements too.

#27 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the links :)

Guylain

#28 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Chapel Hill, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hey Guylain,

Might be too late to jump in, but I use a PST40 and Flea3 firewire. I image with Firecapture and get frame rates of around 120 fps using a Toshiba S105 S4114 laptop running XP SP3 32Bit with 4 Gb RAM and a hybrid HDD. I usually have to wait a few seconds for all the captured frames to write to the disk before starting the next capture (usually framing the next shot is enough) but it works well. I capture 30 second AVIs. Normally I shoot with a 2x barlow and mosaic my full disk images. You really need to make sure you have a 30-50% image overlap for this to work well.

I made an adapter for the Flea3 barrel by cutting down an old webcam adapter barrel and friction fitting it over the C-mount nose after wrapping it with some electrical tape. It works well. My normal adapter that threads onto the C-mount wouldn't allow me to reach focus without a barlow (too long). You can cut down an old eyepiece barrel too. Make it a little longer than the C-mount nose piece.

Good luck and enjoy the new toys!

Cheers

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics