• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 PiotrM

PiotrM

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Poland

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

There are absolute QE charts from e2v. For sapphire EV76C560 QE max is around 60% - chart and chart 2.

Airylab should have their own measurements too.

#27 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the links :)

Guylain

#28 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Chapel Hill, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hey Guylain,

Might be too late to jump in, but I use a PST40 and Flea3 firewire. I image with Firecapture and get frame rates of around 120 fps using a Toshiba S105 S4114 laptop running XP SP3 32Bit with 4 Gb RAM and a hybrid HDD. I usually have to wait a few seconds for all the captured frames to write to the disk before starting the next capture (usually framing the next shot is enough) but it works well. I capture 30 second AVIs. Normally I shoot with a 2x barlow and mosaic my full disk images. You really need to make sure you have a 30-50% image overlap for this to work well.

I made an adapter for the Flea3 barrel by cutting down an old webcam adapter barrel and friction fitting it over the C-mount nose after wrapping it with some electrical tape. It works well. My normal adapter that threads onto the C-mount wouldn't allow me to reach focus without a barlow (too long). You can cut down an old eyepiece barrel too. Make it a little longer than the C-mount nose piece.

Good luck and enjoy the new toys!

Cheers

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics