Favorite vendors?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 rgm40

rgm40

Messenger

• Loc: Western Kentucky

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

I visit these sites frequently and would not hesitate to order from any of these (in no particular order):

Astronomics, Agena Astro, EyepiecesEct,University Optics, Telescope.com (Orion), Telescopes.com (Hayneedle). Best of luck to Don and EyepiecesEct.com. Looks like his new website has really gotten off to a good start. Looking forward to doing business there in the future.

#52 la200o

la200o

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: SE Michigan, USA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Astronomics, OPT.

Bill

#53 Grandpa Jim

Grandpa Jim

old fogey

• Loc: GREAT AMERICAN DESERT

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

:waytogo: for Agena Astro.

Ordered on Black Fri. Arrived Cyber Monday. :goodjob:

AGREED!!............HANDS DOWN!! THE BEST customer service I have received from ANY vendor for quite some time, BAR NONE.
There are a couple others on here that get "top billing" that I did not have such a good experience with, can't say that about "Agena Astro" at all. The others just lost a customer.........course, you can't lose what you didn't work hard enough to get in the first place...................

#54 Doug D.

Doug D.

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

"Specialty" (boutique) vendors: Astro-Physics for very professional sales and service (real straight shooters) and Discmounts, because Tom Peters will go out of his way to be helpful, not only before a sale but also long after it. Bob Luffel at Alpine-Astro is also a great guy to deal with. Ken Hugett at Solarscope on Isle of Man has to be my favorite non-USA vendor for after sale service - Serge Antonov at AstroDevices is another. Its always great to talk with the guys who basically own the company, make/use the innovative products they sell and welcome some feedback.

General astro vendors: Astronomics, OPT and a big thumbs-up for Agena Astro.

Favorite "big box" astro/binoc vendors: Hayneedle, Eagle-Optics, Adorama and B&H. Sometimes you just need a better price or easier terms (when they offer them).

#55 AhBok

AhBok

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

:waytogo: for Agena Astro.

Ordered on Black Fri. Arrived Cyber Monday. :goodjob:

AGREED!!............HANDS DOWN!! THE BEST customer service I have received from ANY vendor for quite some time, BAR NONE.
There are a couple others on here that get "top billing" that I did not have such a good experience with, can't say that about "Agena Astro" at all. The others just lost a customer.........course, you can't lose what you didn't work hard enough to get in the first place...................

Great to see you posting here, Manish!

. . . Just kidding :roflmao:

#56 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Astronomics and Agena Astro.

#57 Erik30

Erik30

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cottage Grove, MN

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Astronomics and Starlight Xpress for there customer support.. A++

#58 frolinmod

frolinmod

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

My number one most "go to" dealer hands down is Oceanside Photo and Telescope.

Although you might think the following is a list of everyone I've ever purchased anything from, it's not even anywhere near close to that. My list of only the most helpful trusted vendors and dealers is (in alphabetical order):

ADM Accessories
Agena Astro
Astromart (for used equipment buying and selling)
Astronomics
AstroZap
CameraBug
DigiKey
Lunt Solar Systems
Monoprice
Mouser
Oceanside Photo and Telescope
Optec
Powerwerx
PreciseParts
Rigel Systems
ScopeStuff
Software Bisque
Starizona
Starlight Instruments
Woodland Hills Camera and Telescope

#59 wolfman_4_ever

wolfman_4_ever

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: El Segundo, Ca, So. Cal

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Starlight Xpress, Telescoop Service (TDM), Mallincam (And Rock and I don't see eye to eye)

#60 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

"Specialty" (boutique) vendors: Astro-Physics for very professional sales and service (real straight shooters) and Discmounts, because Tom Peters will go out of his way to be helpful, not only before a sale but also long after it. Bob Luffel at Alpine-Astro is also a great guy to deal with. Ken Hugett at Solarscope on Isle of Man has to be my favorite non-USA vendor for after sale service - Serge Antonov at AstroDevices is another. Its always great to talk with the guys who basically own the company, make/use the innovative products they sell and welcome some feedback.

General astro vendors: Astronomics, OPT and a big thumbs-up for Agena Astro.

Favorite "big box" astro/binoc vendors: Hayneedle, Eagle-Optics, Adorama and B&H. Sometimes you just need a better price or easier terms (when they offer them).

A definite and most enthusiastic thumbs up to Astro-Physics. Nothing but the highest quality of service from them for 12 plus years. Same thing for Bob Luffel of Alpine Astro. I have only had one purchase with Serge at Astro-Devices but he is super to work with as well and stands firmly behind his product. I have also had great service from Ashley with Precise Parts and the folks with FLI. Rob Miller and his tripods come to mind as well.

For larger vendors, I would have to say OPT has been my choice of retailer for most other items as they have flexible shipping choices and work with me to find the best method for the item.

#61 Michael Cave

Michael Cave

Ranger 4

• Loc: St. Louis, MO

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Astronomics...Company 7...Orion,...hoping these stay strong forever.
Loved the old ones like Novak, ( I can still hear his wife getting him to the phone with a resounding "nohVaAK!").
And just like GM and Chrysler did with redoing some older cars, I'd like to see some of the strong companies offer some of the old stuff made new!

I'm going to try with a new one: Eyepiecesetc, with Don Pensack, (Starman1).
And pay it forward with Thanks to all here, and on Amart that I trust too!

Mike

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics