• Loc: GREAT AMERICAN DESERT

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Post deleted by Jim Jeffries

#2 REC

REC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NC

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hi Jim.....here is a brief comment on these.

I have these WO and mostly use them in my SCT, but have used them in my ED80mm. My focuser is pretty flimsy in my budget EQ mount/tripod, so I have to watch the weight for balance. Hopefully you are using a pretty sturdy mount for your ES and I believe the focuser on that scope will be ok.

The WO bino comes with a pair of 20 wide angle(66*) EP's and the eye relief is pretty good. I don't wear glasses, so can't comment on that. They do have a adjustable diopters, so maybe you can get away with no glasses? As far as barlows, it does come with 1.6x that screws into the EP's or the diagonal. For me to achieve focus in the 80mm, I have to screw it ahead of the diagonal for me to reach focus. This will also increase the focal length of your scope. I don't think the 28mm RKE will work well, but I'm sure other more experienced users will chime in. The lowest power EP's I use is a pair of 26m Plossls,but mainly stay with the 20mm that come with it.

The Moon is a real WOW in them and you will have a lot of fun with them for $200!

Good luck with them:)

Bob

#3 Messyone

Messyone

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Down Under

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi Jim,
I have just got a pair of Vixen 30mm NPL plossl's for my WO bino. Here in Australia we get the pleasure of paying more for all astro gear and they cost $57 each. Wow is all I can say...use them with the 1.6X corrector. In my refractor I use a 1.25" prism diagonal and still have 35mm backfocus to play with...if that makes sense! Also have 15mm GSO Superview pair also nice :waytogo: Both these and the WO 20mm are LER...a little too much for me being a 50 and not wearing glasses, but thats OK. Get the WO package you'll be very happy with it.
Hope this helps
Matt

#4 Grandpa Jim

Grandpa Jim

old fogey

• Loc: GREAT AMERICAN DESERT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi Jim,
I have just got a pair of Vixen 30mm NPL plossl's for my WO bino. Here in Australia we get the pleasure of paying more for all astro gear and they cost $57 each. Wow is all I can say...use them with the 1.6X corrector. In my refractor I use a 1.25" prism diagonal and still have 35mm backfocus to play with...if that makes sense! Also have 15mm GSO Superview pair also nice :waytogo: Both these and the WO 20mm are LER...a little too much for me being a 50 and not wearing glasses, but thats OK. Get the WO package you'll be very happy with it.
Hope this helps
Matt

Since "Agena Astro" had these on sale today.........I decided to take you up on your recommendation. We'll see how well they work with my glasses and inexperience :cool:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics