Questions for anyone else with a "Wegat" white 127
Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:48 PM
1.Did the optics for these get better figuring than the standard optics sets? Has any one compared one of these to the standard 127?
2. How much of a difference may it make, not having the faux-questar back and using a high-quality dilectic diagonal?
3. Has anyone compared one of these to the Russian or Synta Maks? Your thoughts?
If you do not know what i mean by ""Wegat" white 127", here is one
Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:12 AM
1. No. The quality of the optics is identical.
2. It is certainly more convenient, but doesn't make any difference with images.
3. They are all similar in performance, with the ETX generally seeming better than the Syntas to me. One caveat: The white-tube ETXes do not have coatings on their correctors, and that can make for some (minor) differences in performance.
Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:57 AM
Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:46 AM
I have one that I finally fitted onto a mount last night. It was cloudy so no test yet. I have observed through a regular etx125 years ago when Mars was close. Seemed like that scope performed very well.
Am looking forward to your comments on it.
Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:38 PM
Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:31 PM
Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:05 PM