CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tried some afocal photography with my 6SE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chemist

chemist

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Central Texas

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Having read some about "digiscoping" and afocal photography, I acquired a Zen-Ray adapter and inexpensive Canon point-and-shoot camera and gave it a try. I must say it works better than I expected, even on bright star targets like the Pleiades and Albireo. I would have included a moon photo but the file size was too big for this post.

This is "poor man's astrophotography" for sure, but it adds another dimension to enjoying the 6SE.

Chemist

#2 hopskipson

hopskipson

Apollo

• Loc: Queens, New Yawk, Light pollution Headquarters!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think you are missing something? Like the pictures- :foreheadslap:DOH!

James

#3 Skip

Skip

Starlifter Driver

• Loc: Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hi chemist,

You can do it! Post your picture in Photobucket (free) and you can size it there to get it down to forum limits. We DEMAND to see!! :)

#4 chemist

chemist

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I gave Photobucket a try, but resizing the image down from 16mp resulted in quite a loss in resolution. I don't want to give a bad first impression, so I will capture a new image at a resolution that will meet posting requirements.

Chemist

#5 chemist

chemist

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

The resized photo is in a separate post. Looks pretty similar to the original 16mp version. The "+A11" text marks the approximate landing site of Apollo 11.

Chemist

#6 SubaruB4

SubaruB4

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Greenwich, CT

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Try imageshack.

#7 Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent

Galactic Hitch-Hiker

• Loc: South Yorkshire, UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Having read some about "digiscoping" and afocal photography, I acquired a Zen-Ray adapter and inexpensive Canon point-and-shoot camera and gave it a try. I must say it works better than I expected, even on bright star targets like the Pleiades and Albireo. I would have included a moon photo but the file size was too big for this post.

This is "poor man's astrophotography" for sure, but it adds another dimension to enjoying the 6SE.

Chemist

Great, I can use one of my favourite emoticons ...

Posted Image

Art :grin:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics