• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sameer KM

Sameer KM

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi friends,

I bought a used NexStar 4GT yesterday. There are some missing parts 1) the eyepiece holder or barrel 2) the cap for the camera mount at the rear. I am attaching a picture so you may understand what I am looking for. I bought the telescope because it was going for a throwaway price.

Could you tell me where I can find the parts. The Celestron parts page does not exist.

Thanks and regards,
Sameer

Attached Files

#2 jhirsch

jhirsch

Mariner 2

• Loc: Ohio

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hey Sameer,
Try this site. He as all kinds of parts.
http://astronomy-mal...o.parts.outlet/

Good Luck

Jerry

#3 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Aurora

• Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Be sure to take your wallet, because he will get a pretty penny for what ever you want. Might be cheaper to buy another mount.

Stan

#4 Sameer KM

Sameer KM

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Unfortunately I couldn't find suitable parts in their catalogue. Still looking for the parts. I will try to contact Celestron too.

#5 Geo.

Geo.

Gemini

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

This a common missing part. Little sticky fingers remove them from display models all the time. Only fix I've found was to remove the eyepiece holder from a Meade ETX90 back that Bill Vorce sold and, after heating it, pressing it in place. Check with Telescope Warhouse and see if he has and of the backs. If not PM me and I'll look around the scrapyard. The rear port can be closed with any 32mm cap.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics