The scope had a few issues I've had to deal with. The worst was the rack for the focuser was broken into several pieces. I managed to find a lengthy piece of rack from an old parts scope and cut, filed, drilled and tapped well enough so that the focuser functions pretty well now. Unfortunately, the rack on the original had straight teeth and the replacement had angled ones, so I also had to use the pinion/knob assembly from the replacement also. They both have metal knobs, but the original ones are much nicer.
The next issue was the lack of baffling. There is only one baffle, and that is in the end of the focuser. It's plastic and someone must have used the scope for solar projection and it was partially melted. It found a metal washer the same ID and OD as the baffle and press fit it into place after I painted it flat black. The scattered light that remained after that fix was terrible, so I used some flockboard to line the whole length of the tube along with the dew shield. Wow! What a difference that made! The contrast now is about as good as my 50mm Unitron.
The last issue was that the finder had a flipped front element and one missing aligning screw.
I did some daytime viewing and the optics are pretty close to the quality of the Unitron, although the mechanical quality is nowhere near that of the Unitron. That being said, the tripod and alt-az mount are more than solid enough for this little scope. I hope to give it a better test tonight if the clouds hold off.
I have gotten very fond of these little 2" scopes and am amazed by their views. They are simple to set up and take down and require almost no cool down time.