Photo

Anyone buy xt10i from Orion clearance center?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GregB

GregB

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Turlock, Ca

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I see that Orion has the XT10i 2nds in the clearance center for about $660. Has anyone bought one of these and were you happy with what you received? What made it a 2nd, scratches, dents, substitute accessories, etc.? Would you buy again? Thanks for any input.

Greg

#2 frito

frito

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Fremont, CA

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

it was probably their floor model at the store or someone returned it for a silly reason and they could not move it at their outlet center at their HQ or the store in Cupertino. my first scope i bought about 3 months ago was an XT6 that was their floor model at the Cupertino store. i've since sold it and got an XT8 (what i should have bought to begin with lol) but there was absolutely nothing wrong with the 6 besides a dusty mirror that just needed a quick cleaning.

#3 Goodchild

Goodchild

Viking 1

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I've bought several items over the years from Orion that were considered 2nds and I've never been able to tell what was wrong with them to cause their status to decline.

#4 Don Allen

Don Allen

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Charleston, SC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

My credit card company would have cut me off years ago if I lived anywhere near a telescope store like Orion. :bawling:

#5 frito

frito

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Fremont, CA

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

My credit card company would have cut me off years ago if I lived anywhere near a telescope store like Orion. :bawling:

i know the feeling i have to resist going there every weekend to drool on the big scopes and their clearance OTA's n such make me cry when i'm broke. last time i was in there they had a discontinued XT6i for 200 and if i had the cash i would have bought it just to butcher the intelliscope stuff off it and put it on my XT8 and then resold the 6 missing the features for only a bit less than they were selling the whole thing for lol

#6 GregB

GregB

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Turlock, Ca

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Greg

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics