• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

the old Leica Zoom 7.3-22 mm is discontinued, we selling the last stock. The performance of this old Leica Zoom is the best in world, but the FOV is only from 36° to 68°

our price is US $ 520 incl shipping

the new Leica aspherical Zoom 8.9-17.8 mm offers the giant FOV of 60-80°

our price is US $ 930 incl. shipping

choose of barrel on both Zooms :
- 1.25" with filter thread
- 2" with M48 filter thread
- 2" with M42 T-thread
or any other you wish

we delivery most from stock and ship worlwide

deatails find here

http://www.apm-teles...t=66&filter_...

Posted Image

#2 rvb

rvb

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Neustrie

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Markus,

Did you test, side by side, this Leica zoom with great eyepieces (Pentax XW ou TV Delos for exemple)?

#3 rboe

rboe

ISS

• Loc: Phx, AZ

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I did a very coarse non-scientific comparison between the Leica and pentax zoom in Tucson using his new 152 APO. The target was one of the ceiling lights in the meeting hall.

The Leica image seemed to me to be clearer and bighter. I was a bit bummed because I own the Pentax zoom. :p

#4 t.r.

t.r.

Skylab

• Loc: 1123,6536,5321

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Even the older Leica zoom is quite remarkable.

#5 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Vendors

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

the old Leica Zoom has the best optics of any Zoom, my personal Opinion, the old Leica has a nice big Zoom range, but not the new modern large FOV.
The old Leica Zoom is not any longer in production and the last available samples are on sale now, they are gone very soon

#6 rvb

rvb

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Thanks for yours answers.
That's the best Zoom on the market.
I'm sur the Leica zoom holds the comparison with TV or Pentax but it will be nice to have a comparison with a great eyepiece.

#7 andydj5xp

andydj5xp

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: 52.269 N/10.571 E

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

the old Leica Zoom has the best optics of any Zoom, my personal Opinion, the old Leica has a nice big Zoom range, but not the new modern large FOV.
The old Leica Zoom is not any longer in production and the last available samples are on sale now, they are gone very soon

Markus, you have correctly stated that this is your "personal opinion". Since you are a very experienced observer this opinion is indeed of importance.

As you know my "personal opinion" is slightly different. I see the new ASPH zoom optically absolutely as good as the 22-7.3mm "old" zoom with not only the advantage in field of view but also slightly better with respect to contrast. See here.

Nevertheless, the 22-7.3mm zoom is an absolutely first rate eyepiece, not only compared to other zooms but distinctly also compared to other high level fixed focal length eyepieces. It's a pity that Leica stopped production.

Andreas

#8 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Markus,

Did you test, side by side, this Leica zoom with great eyepieces (Pentax XW ou TV Delos for exemple)?

There are quite a few reports in the Eyepieces Forum. Several of us have used the new Leica ASPH side by side with other quality eyepieces. I have compared my Leica with the Pentax XW (I don't have any Delos). Aside from some FOV differences at various focal lengths, there are no other differences worth noting. The Leica is just as good as my Pentax XW.

Cheers,

Ron

#9 rvb

rvb

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

The Leica is just as good as my Pentax XW.

It will be my christmas present.
Thanks Ron

#10 Doug Culbertson

Doug Culbertson

Skylab

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Markus,

There are quite a few reports in the Eyepieces Forum. Several of us have used the new Leica ASPH side by side with other quality eyepieces. I have compared my Leica with the Pentax XW (I don't have any Delos). Aside from some FOV differences at various focal lengths, there are no other differences worth noting. The Leica is just as good as my Pentax XW.

Cheers,

Ron

Same here. My XWs are now gone, having been replaced by the Leica ASPH. I was also able to compare directly to borrowed 4mm and 10mm ZAO IIs, and found the zoom to be their equal.

#11 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Vendors

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Both Leica Zoom available from stock with diffrent adaptters per your request

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics