2 replies to this topic

#1 robininni

robininni

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stephenville, TX

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I have a CPC 1100.

I use the ASCOM Dome control for my exploradome Maxdome II setup which connects to the dome and my CPC 1100.

I use Starry Night Pro Plus 6 which connects to my CPC 1100.

I use Sequence Generator Pro which also connects to my CPC 1100.

Many times it all works great but sometimes I have odd things happen.

The most irritating and disturbing is a total 'change' of alignment that can occur after making multiple ASCOM connections OR sometimes occurs after disconnecting one of the connections. The RA and DEC values change and all of the sudden the CPC thinks it is somewhere else.

Another strange issue that has happened only one night was whenever I disconnected the ASCOM dome control, I would get a very short duration, fast slew from the CPC. It did NOT affect alignment because I could reconnect and then slew to an object and it found it and centered it well.

Any ideas?

The loss of alignment is very concerning because when this happens, if I then slew to another object (and I didn't realize I had lost alignment), the scope will just slew like a madman going past slew limits and almost took out my SSAG the other night.

Thanks for your help.

Rob

#2 herrointment

herrointment

Aurora

• Loc: North of Hwy. 64

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Voltage spikes?

There's a good thread in the equipment forum (I think---it's late and I'm too lazy to track it down) with a cool real-world test that may be of interest.

I found the thread in the cats n casses forum....about dew heaters and mounts running off a single battery.

Good night!!!

#3 Cellofan

Cellofan

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Venice - Italy

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Unsycned ?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics