CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Win 8 and the Orion Starshoot Autoguider

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CharlesW

CharlesW

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Chula Vista & Indio, CA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I just purchased the Orion Starshoot Autoguider and an HP Win 8 laptop to run everything. After installing PHD and the Orion drivers, I absolutely could not get a picture. After hours of tinkering and some help from Orion, I discovered that Win 8 installed the drivers in c-program files 86-Orion, and they really want to be in c-program files-Orion. After replugging the camera USB, I got my first image. Hope this helps if you buy a Win 8 machine before they come out with a proper driver.

#2 vorkus

vorkus

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pgh, PA USA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm glad it works at all. I've been worried about needing a new astro laptop. However I have read you can disable that silly Metro interface.

#3 Erik30

Erik30

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cottage Grove, MN

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

I had the same thing happen. I used the Win 7 64bit drivers in the normal program files directory. (took a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling to figure that out)

#4 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

It'd be really nice if the manufacturer's released new drivers.

#5 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

I may upgrade to Win8 on other computers, but everything in my obs is working very well together on Win7. It'll remain as it is.

David

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics