•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SXVR-H9C and Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Erik30

Erik30

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cottage Grove, MN

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have looked over at the Yahoo groups for this answer also.

Anyway I have Windows 8 (New pc and not upgraded) and have installed MaxDL 5 on it. (Trial version) When I install the driver I can see the camera in Device manager. But when I try to run MaxDL it says Error opening camera, could not initialize CCD Camera (1007)

When I try to open the camera from SXV_HCol_USB (Software from the Starlight site) I get the error USB SXVIO device not found.

Anyone have any ideas? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers and the applications many, many times.

Anyone know of other CCD control software out there I can try? Trial or freeware until I find one that works

Thank you.

-Erik

#2 Erik30

Erik30

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cottage Grove, MN

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

This is resolved. I just wanted to add to this the support from StarLight Xpress. I sent an email to them from their web site, a little later (Around 30 min) I received a response to my issue. I thought I might have to wait a day or two get hear anything back.

Terry Platt walked through a couple steps and we determined the camera was changed (Through firmware update) to a SXVR-H9 and not the H9C as the software was seeing. Changed the settings in Maxim and the camera connected without an issue.

A++ Support from Starlight Xpress. My next camera will be from them.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics