3 replies to this topic

#1 raffaello

raffaello

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

you can see a large field, where it identifies volcanic constructs. image here

http://digilander.li...osaiclarge4.jpg

Rumker is emerging from shadows of terminator-an impressive appearance- and aristarcus northern of Marius.

The imaged lunar surface shows the distances in lunar surface with high detail in my opinion.

Use zoom and open a full window for high resolution of browser (taste F11)

Thanks for attention

Raf

#2 Kutno

Kutno

Apollo

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Wonderful, Raf!

#3 azure1961p

azure1961p

Voyager 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Ha! Yes I recall that night. The weather through a curve at the last few hours before I was ready to set up. It clouded up in one blanket of unbroken clouds. Then it popped out by the time I was in bed - such is weather. Thanks for showing me the details of what I missed!

Its a nice wide swath of the region and you caught that fine thread of light defining the wall of the valley. You consistently provide really nice shots Raff.

LOL I AM sorry I missed it.

Pete

#4 raffaello

raffaello

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

The distances between craters, including the dimension of the Schroteri vallis are well defined Pete.
Thanks of course. I will try to see if specific data (considering my GLR lunar activity) can be found for the herodotus dome, well detectable here. Thanks at all here in list and comments!!
Hence my eventual target should be a verification of further images taken for more information of that ..mentioned dome.
If i will have results i will do a follow up:)
Raf

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics