•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Manual for a Vixen SR-1000 Halley Comet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4stargazer

4stargazer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

I am new to astronomy and purchased a Vixen SR-1000 Halley Comet telescope at an estate sale. It came with owner's manuals written in Japanese, and since I don't read Japanese, I don't know how to operate it. Does anyone have any information on this telescope? Is it good for beginners? When was it made? What is it worth? Can I get English operating instructions? Any help is appreciated.
Thankx.

#2 thomas68

thomas68

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Laporte Indiana

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Welcome, have you tried to google your telescope model? Maybe try the Vixen web site, hope this helps!

Tom

#3 Matt2893

Matt2893

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: ChicagoLand

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

I did a google search for this scope and found a picture here at CN link. Try PMing the poster, maybe they have a manual or can give you the information you need. You could also post this question in the Classic Scopes forum on CN.

I also found a forum thread in Japanese (translated to english with google) from someone who bought this scope used but it did not have the eyepieces or a manual. Maybe you could give him your manual in exchange for him translating it for you!?!?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics