• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeMS

MikeMS

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

All.

I have never owned a ETX before, although I have repaired two ETX 125s. Well no more, I won one on the UK ebay site and for just over $150 (£111 what ever that is) I now own a very clean ETX 90 with a single speed ra motor. It came with the MA 25 and MA 9 eyepieces, 8X21 finderscope and the three legs to tilt it.
It will not tilt to the angle here, but I will make a wedge for it.
I will post a picture tomorrow.
Oh, and a quick look through it shows a very nice set of optics.
Kind regards,
Mike MS.

#2 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• Loc: London UK

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

All.I have never owned a ETX before, although I have repaired two ETX 125s. Well no more, I won one on the UK ebay site and for just over $150 (£111 what ever that is)Kind regards, Mike MS.

£111 = US$178 "what ever that is?" so you did well and enjoy your new toy Mike :grin:

#3 justfred

justfred

Vostok 1

• Loc: Birmingham, Alabama, USA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Outstanding acquisition, Mike!

I am a big fan of the ETX 90RA. I've owned and used one for years. I put together some thoughts on how to use them at http://bas-astro.com/blog/ if you get a chance to check them out. Tongue in Cheek but the scope is a serious instrument. Get one of those neat little blue bags, a red light, and a couple of star charts and your good to go.

Give us a report and some pix when you can.

I attached a photo of mine with a friend's Ethos. Hard to tell which is which. :)

Fred

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics