Photo

ldesign1 is the Nov 12 Bright Challenge Winner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Poll: ldesign1 is the Nov 12 Bright Challenge Winner (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Image is our Winner?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators
  • Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Who has brought us the best moon as illuminated with Earth-shine (The smaller the fraction of the moon illuminated with sunshine the better.)? Vote for your favorite from the choices below - voting will conclude on December 8th at Midnight ET:

oldstargazer

Posted Image

Ok don't laugh, I had to shoot through some clouds but I got one. Canon 300mm lens, T3i, 1600 ISO, 5 second exposure.

snowcrow

Posted Image

Earth Shine, take with a Canon EOS REBEL T2i, 55mm @ f/5.6, 400 ISO for 2.5 sec. The only lens I own

ldesign1

Posted Image

Here's my entry. It is an HDR combination of three exposures taken with a Canon EOS 30D and Orion Express 80 at 2x magnification.

alacane

Posted Image

Here's mine. About 20 stacked images. c9.25 at f/6.3 Canon T1i. stacking and adjs in PS.

#2 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators
  • Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Please join me in congratulating ldesign1 on winning the challenge. ldesign1, please let us know what the January subject will be...

Charlie

#3 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

• Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Thank you all for the votes. I am honored.

I would like to pick the Quadrantid Meteor Shower. Or any other recent meteor shower like the upcoming Geminids which peaks on the night of December 13th. The more meteors in the finished image the better.

Can I pick a celestial event such as this or does this not count as being bright enough? I can pick another subject if this is a problem.

Peaking the night of January 3rd 2013.
The radiant of this shower is an area inside the constellation Boötes. It lies between the end of the handle of the Big Dipper and the quadrilateral of stars marking the head of the constellation Draco.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics