C11 back in action with Stellacam II
No replies to this topic
Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:41 PM
Finished getting the secondary reattached. I got over zealous with trying the collimate the C11 scope and one of the screws of the secondary was backed out too far and disengaged. Yesterday I managed to get it reinstalled and the mirror in a very rough daytime collimation. Last night I managed to get it fine tuned. It did take quite awhile and I was struggling for some time. I tried using a video camera on a star and I was actually having a harder time than just using an eyepiece. Once I began to really understand the method, the collimation started to go better and easier. The screws are snug and I think the collimation will hold. I think what caused all the shifting during use before was the screws were not snug allowing for mirror shift during scope rotation. Once I was finished with the collimation last night the collimation held throughout scope rotation. I took a video sequence of the “Perseus A” galaxy cluster. Feel free to zoom and count the faint fuzzies. This was captured with the Stellacam II astrovideo camera in my driveway under a streetlight 50 feet away. I did use Celestron's 6.3 Reducer/Corrector to get a wider FOV.