CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

C11 back in action with Stellacam II

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 John59

John59

Viking 1

• Loc: Round Rock,TX

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Finished getting the secondary reattached. I got over zealous with trying the collimate the C11 scope and one of the screws of the secondary was backed out too far and disengaged. Yesterday I managed to get it reinstalled and the mirror in a very rough daytime collimation. Last night I managed to get it fine tuned. It did take quite awhile and I was struggling for some time. I tried using a video camera on a star and I was actually having a harder time than just using an eyepiece. Once I began to really understand the method, the collimation started to go better and easier. The screws are snug and I think the collimation will hold. I think what caused all the shifting during use before was the screws were not snug allowing for mirror shift during scope rotation. Once I was finished with the collimation last night the collimation held throughout scope rotation. I took a video sequence of the “Perseus A” galaxy cluster. Feel free to zoom and count the faint fuzzies. This was captured with the Stellacam II astrovideo camera in my driveway under a streetlight 50 feet away. I did use Celestron's 6.3 Reducer/Corrector to get a wider FOV.

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics