• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie

TSP Chowhound

• Moderators
  • Loc: Trussville, AL

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Installed it today, I am not feeling it. It really makes my podcasts and other library stuff feel like an email window.

Anyone else update to it yet?

#2 Cliff Hipsher

Cliff Hipsher

Apollo

• ***--
  • Loc: North Chesterfield, VA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I did the other day, but I haven't had time to really play with it yet. My stuff is pretty static so I don't really mess with it much...

I did notice the GUI was different and didn't strike me as being any real improvement, but like I said, I haven't played with it yet...

#3 Vic Menard

Vic Menard

Aurora

• Loc: Bradenton, FL

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

The first thing I did was to make the left side sidebar visible again.
I miss cover view and my genius suggestions in the right side bar (never got into Ping).
I haven't backed up my iPad or iPhones yet, but that will come.
It looks like iCloud could become more (seamlessly) connected, which could bode well for my AppleTV (even without iTunes match).

First impression--it looks good for new Apple users. For those of us who've been using iTunes for more than the last couple of versions, I'm hopeful that we'll soon see the ability to toggle on (or off) some of the features we lost, and perhaps, some features we haven't anticipated...

#4 helpwanted

helpwanted

Aurora

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I turned on the sidebar right away also. To me it's no big deal of an upgrade, just looks a little different.
I wish Apple and MS would realalize that they don't need to update things every year, just give us something that works consistently without bugs, and wait for updates when something truely is a big deal upgrade... Not just a new skin.

#5 LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie

TSP Chowhound

• Moderators
  • Loc: Trussville, AL

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I turned on the sidebar right away also. To me it's no big deal of an upgrade, just looks a little different.
I wish Apple and MS would realalize that they don't need to update things every year, just give us something that works consistently without bugs, and wait for updates when something truely is a big deal upgrade... Not just a new skin.

Agreed.

#6 Astraforce Paul

Astraforce Paul

Vanguard

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Ditto!

The biggest improvement still needed--which was overlooked AGAIN--is to give users control over the font size, especially of reviews in the app store.

They're tiny and impossible to read without doing massive screen zooms.

#7 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Simulation Curriculum

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

The biggest improvement still needed--which was overlooked AGAIN--is to give users control over the font size, especially of reviews in the app store.

Is this on Mac or Windows? On Mac the reviews are totally fine, the equivalent of 12-14 point fonts on a web page. I can't imagine them needing to be bigger. Maybe the Windows version of iTunes is showing something different.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics