• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Chapel Hill, NC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Well I waited until almost midnight before starting my imaging sessions to give Jupiter a chance to get good and high in the sky and for the GRS to appear. Seeing was only average at best. I collimated as well as I could and shot my first series... Then my hand controller died! I restarted the scope 3 times and it would run for a few minutes and then die. It was doing the same thig during the day while I was imaging the Sun. So I don't think it's a temperature issue. Probably a broken wire :( So I've ordered a new one. Hope that fixes the problem.

So this is what I ended up with... Shot thru high thin clouds (there was a ring around the moon) and average seeing. LRGB with series ( I don't normally shoot an L)with 2x shorty barlow and Flea3. I'm having issues with the Flea3 too... I keep loosing connection. Not sure if it's the cable or the firewire card.
There's always something isn't there!
Cheers

Attached Files

#2 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Through the haze that still looks a pretty sweet image Tim! :)

Sorry to hear about your problems with gear...hope it's sorted out soon!

Personally I'm finding it difficult to bother with my Flea3 atm, considering the ASI cam only needs a usb2 cable..! :grin:

#3 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hey Darryl. Thanks.I've been following your threads about this camera... It shows a lot of promise. When the Flea3 finally gives up the ghost, I may have to look into that one.

#4 lcd1080

lcd1080

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Maryland, USA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Tim your image looks fine there's plenty of detail along the northernmost edge of the NEB; I know the feeling about the hand controller, mine malfunctioned too on Nov 22; I brought it back from the dead at least temporarily :-)

#5 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Thanks Peter. I was actually looking forward to the session. It had great potential. Probably why the hand controller died! There's always something. The replacement should be here in a few days. So hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.

#6 Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Soyuz

• Loc: Swift Creek, NC - 35.682 N, 78.743°W

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Seeing has been simply average for 4 of the past 5 nights, I skipped one. :(

Well done for the conditions.

Mike

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics